Canada Company Registration – FAQs
Canada Company Registration - Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through the following Frequently asked Questions on registering a company in Canada. If you still have questions, please contact us.
How much does it cost to register a company in Canada?
Please scroll down this page and see the prices for our services.
What documents are required to register a company in Canada
1. Copy of passport: Shareholder(s), director.
2. Power of Attorney (we will send a template, once you purchase our services for company registration)
Can you also help to open a company bank account in Canada?
Yes, we can assist with the process. However, in order to open a company bank account in a traditional bank in Canada, our clients are expected to travel to Canada to attend a meeting with a bank manager. If you fulfill this requirement, we can assist you to make an appointment with one of the banks in Canada free of charge (this assistance is only for our clients who have registered their Canada companies through us).
The second option – an alternative to traditional bank in Canada is to open a company account through a fintech company. For this service we charge $500 (USD), and it’s open to anyone (not only our clients). Please contact us for more information
Where is your office, I want to visit you in person and ask questions regarding the process
We have two locations: one in Wyoming, US, another one in Shanghai, China. Our addresses are given on this website, please check.
However, we do not accept walk-in visitors. Please make an appointment with us here and we will provide a consultation via Zoom.
Can you assist with getting a work visa to Canada (or other types of visas to Canada)
No, but once you become a client to us by purchasing our company registration service in Canada, we can meet you over Zoom and will answer all of your questions regarding working visa in Canada.
However, generally speaking, registering a company in Canada is not enough to get a visa (any type of visa to Canada). Canada has different immigration programs, which can be check on government website. Please visit this website and check all the requirements yourself.
Having a Canadian company might be useful if a person wants to immigrate to Canada through business. But like we mentioned above, having a company alone is not enough, i.e. business immigration to Canada has a lot of other requirements, which can be checked on Canada government website.
What are the advantages of registering a company in Canada
Having a Canadian company has the following advantages (these are some of the main advantages, there are many more which are not listed here):
1. Easy company registration: Only one shareholder and one director is required, both can be from any nationality (Exception: some regions in Canada require a resident director, therefore, we focus on the regions where a resident Canadian director is not required), No paid up capital requirements
2. In terms of ease of doing business (by World Bank), Canada is number 3 in the world.
3. Canadian company opens doors for our clients for “US-Mexico-Canada (USMCA) free trade agreement. It means our clients’ Canadian companies will have zero customs fees when they export to the US and Mexico (this market has more than 480 million consumers combined).
4. Canada has a lot of free trade and investment promotion agreements. Having a Canadian company means you can benefit from all those agreements, and enjoy low-tariff access to major economies around the world.
5. Canada is one of the least corrupt countries in the world.
6. Canada has one of the strongest and developed legal systems in the world, which encourages business and entrepreneurship.
7. Canada has more than 94 double taxation agreements with major economies of the world. They include the US, Australia, Singapore, UAE, India, Germany, France, Russia, and the UK – double taxation agreements can be extremely useful when reducing withholding taxes.
8. Canadian is a respectable jurisdiction – Canadian companies are always welcomed by international banks, investors and potential partners.
9. Having an active and profitable Canadian company is useful for business immigration. In short, your own Canadian company (provided it’s profitable and actively trading, also qualifies to employ foreign employees — meaning, you.) can invite you into Canada with your family and sponsor your immigration process, which leads to permanent residency in Canada, and eventually a Canadian citizenship.
I'm from Nigeria (or XXX other country) can I register a company in Canada?
Generally speaking, there are no restrictions on nationality, however, if you’re from one of the internationally sanctioned countries (that you are citizen of such a country), it might be extremely challenging to open a bank account for your Canadian company. This is also true for other countries that we help to register a company in, for e.g. China, Hong Kong, US, Australia, EU etc.
Which Canadian regions do not require a resident company director?
British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec do not require a resident Canadian company director.
1309 Coffeen Avenue STE 1200
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
+86 1304 0688 804